Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Well here we are...

I finally did it! I joined the blogging word. I guess it's about time. I think I need an outlet for all the infertility stuff we're going through. I figure this might be a lot easier to keep people updated than trying to call everyone each time something changes or we get more news.

Here's the scoop!
For those of you who don't know, Brian and I have been trying to have a baby for almost 2 and half years. Last October (2007) we decided it was time to head to the dr and try to figure out what the problem was. About a month ago all the test had come to an end and we found out that we can not have children naturally. Even with fertility drugs it would "be a miracle" (quoting my dr) if we were to get pregnant. I was devastated!!! She told us the only real option for us was in vitro fertilization (IVF). The problem is that there are problems with my fallopian tubes so the egg (fertilized or not) can not travel to my uterus. I also have PCOS (poly-cystic ovarian syndrome) with insulin resistance. There are no problems on Brian's end so that is a definite praise!

We are currently researching our IVF options and are planning to have the procedure done in October/November. There is not a Reproductive Endocrinologist in the state of Alaska so we are going to have to travel somewhere and we figured we might as well go where they have the highest success rates. After looking into many many clinics. I think the clinic we are planning to use is in Southern California. I am working on setting up a phone consultant for the beginning of next week.